The GCCRC is looking for a candidate for a Technical Training Level 3 (graduated) scholarship in plant microbiome. The grantee’s objective is to support the understanding of plant-microorganism interaction benefits under unfavorable water and nutritional conditions. The candidate will actively participate in methodologies for microbial isolation from plant species and soils collected from natural environments in Brazil. Therefore, the fellow will apply microbiology and molecular biology methodologies, such as DNA extraction and preparation of genomic sequencing libraries. Finally, different microbial isolates will be evaluated for their ability to increase plant productivity through inoculation tests on plants kept under controlled conditions.
- Graduation completed or to be completed by December 2020;
- Desirable knowledge of basic concepts and tools of molecular biology;
- Experience with microorganism isolation, growth and manipulation procedures is an advantage;
- Ability to maintain accurate, consistent and responsible laboratory notes;
- Ability and willingness to learn and perform new procedures.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to the email email@example.com, with the subject of the email “TT3 – Plant Microbioma” by December 13, 2020.